My Life...the candid version Part 5

So this is the next to last part of my story. I feel like it deserves it's own post because it's the best part of my story. So, this guy that I met and was predicted to marry...he turned out to be pretty special, but it wasn't an easy process!

We had eaten lunch together at work every day and he would say he wanted to come play tennis with me since we both enjoyed it. Months of this go on and never does he come over and I begin to lose faith! Finally one day, he asks me to go to dinner. I sincerely thought he asked me by mistake, so I confirmed that he really meant to ask me! We go eat dinner and I invite him to watch a movie or something, but we end up going our separate ways. A week or so later, I'm taking a friend to school as his car was flooded in a storm. I run out of gas in an area of the city I know nothing about. I have one phone number of anyone in the city and you guessed it...this boy! I call him and ask if he can bring me some gas. He comes to the rescue and we spend the night after watching a movie before he goes back to his hotel.

I decide to move to Florida to be closer to my mom since her health isn't the best and she's now on a lung transplant list. He informs me that he doesn't care to ever visit and will especially not move there! Ugh...another one goes down! Yet, he still asks me to go to dinner with him again after knowing I'm moving. I decide to go and after, he starts to go his separate way again. I get in my car and decide I have nothing to lose and find him and tell him to come over. He tries to avoid it, but well, I'm much more aggressive than him, so he ends up in my car and then follows me to my apartment. Still upset that I'm going to have to say good bye soon and never see him again, I figure we can enjoy each other until then.

It comes time to move and I get settled in and start my new job. I get an email the first week asking if he can come visit me. I'm torn between excitement and also wondering if I'd just be prolonging the inevitable. I decide to let him visit and within 6 months, we're engaged. He moved to Florida a few months after we became engaged and we were married about a year after.

I wish some times that I could remember that lady's name so I could let her know that we ended up together! Though we have our ups and downs...like any relationship...we choose daily to love each other more than the day before and we choose to work out our problems instead of avoiding them...even when it hurts. Neither of us are perfect, but we fit each other perfectly and compliment each other. I've learned that no one else will ever know what is right for you, but you. He has been my rock, my anchor, my everything and I can't imagine any other life! I love you sweetie pea! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"