My Life...the candid version Part 4

So, the last one was just covering a couple of years, but as you saw, it was a pretty dramatic couple of years. I've now made it to my junior year of college...or really my second sophomore year because I wasted my first one with too much alcohol and not going to class. I was reunited with my best friend and she convinced me to go out for her sorority. This was something I never imagined doing as I really didn't care for most of the girls I'd met from sororities. However, I found a group of girls that was a lot like me.

For the first part of the year, I was still dating my friend from high school, but long distance relationships and me never got along well! I was still doing a lot of drinking, but I took school more seriously as I knew I wanted to graduate and had to go to class and study to do so. I was in limbo about what I wanted to major in since I'd found my original major included too many classes I had absolutely no interest in. I finally decided on health information management. It's health care for those that don't want patient contact! I still had a lot of fun and went to parties. I dated some random guys and was set up with some sketchy guys...that didn't last long any time! Thanks friends ;-) This year is the year my grandpa died. He had been one of my best friends. He was the kind of man that didn't have to say he loved you because he showed it. We had little secrets and he always made me feel like I was his favorite...even if I wasn't! I miss him so much to this day!

My junior year of college, I began to grow up and calm down a little. The summer before my junior year, I began having some extreme pain that I was originally told was just an ovarian cyst. After MONTHS of this pain getting to the point of daily pain and almost passing out at work, I had exploratory surgery to discover I had chronic appendicitis. A month after this surgery, I had some major surgery to make myself more comfortable in my skin. I had a rough recovery and partly from having the surgeries so close together. I dated a couple of guys, but nothing was ever really serious.

My senior year of college, I had to work the second half of the year for free 40 hours a week as part of a class. It turned out to be a great experience where I made some connections. I graduated and that summer moved for my first "real" job. It was a new world out there and I was traveling for work, so I got to experience some new places. I dated one of my best friends from high school for a few months only to find out that he was either cheating on me or cheating on someone else with me. I was ready to be done with guys!

While at my first assignment with my company, I met this guy. I thought he was super cute and well, I love a man in a suit! We ate lunch together often and got to know each other, but we would get sent on different assignments. We had both worked at a place at different times and one of the ladies that worked there asked me if I knew him. I told her we'd met, but that I didn't think either of us were really interested in each other and didn't even know if we'd ever see each other again. She told me I was going to marry him and I told her she was a little crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"