My Life...the candid version Part 2

So, if you stuck with me through the last post and want to read more...here you go. I should start this out by saying that I became a Christian when I was young, in elementary school. I took church seriously and enjoyed all the activities and summer camps they had! When we moved away from my hometown, however, it was the beginning of an awkward stage for me and my world was soon to be rocked.

We moved away from the only place I'd ever called home...yes, I'd had several places we lived, but the overall hometown. I was painfully shy due to wearing glasses since the second grade as well as knowing that my body was different from the other girls! I developed early in life...much to my dismay...and I was made fun of, almost daily, for years. In the 7th grade, I had my first kiss. Back in those days, it was my first "boyfriend". I was never popular, but it bothered me very little. I always had one close friend, and that was always enough for me. During the time we were here, my mom was diagnosed with Scleroderma. She was told that she wouldn't live to see me graduate from high school.

When it was time to go to high school, I had been away from my hometown for four years. When you're young, four years is a long time! My parents separated and my mom and I moved back to my hometown just the two of us. I started high school and became reacquainted with some old friends and made new friends. My freshman year of high school, I experienced one of my most emotionally and physically painful events of my life. I was raped. No details are needed, but I never spoke of it to anyone for years, and even then only told a few select people.

When I was a sophomore, I got my driver's license. For a while, I was allowed to drive my mom's car until I got my own. One night, I was taking movies back to Blockbuster...yes, that was a video store that I know they no longer have. I pulled up to a stop light in a sort of shady part of town and suddenly my mom's car was being shaken by a bunch of guys. Fortunately, I had locked the doors as they tried to open them. They cursed at me and screamed at me until I finally got my wits back and drove off. I cried the entire way home!

I soon got a job at the local movie theater where I met my first real boyfriend. At a far too young age, I lost my virginity and started on a dangerous path. I started drinking as often as I could and didn't even realize I was using it to escape things I didn't want to deal with. I had buried my fears and anxiety about losing my mom, but my storage for buried past hurts and things I didn't want to deal with was starting to get full. I dated my boyfriend the rest of high school and part of my first year in college when we broke up because we were just both immature.

There's still one more part to go. I don't want anyone to think that my life has been full of bad experiences, but the point of this particular group of postings is to get the bad things out there so that maybe I can help even just one person that has either been through something terrible or needs someone else that's had some hard things in life happen to them. Part 3 to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"