My life...the candid version Part 1

So, I want to warn anyone reading this that it is a serious, but hopefully at times light-hearted, story of me. If you read the entire thing, your view of me will most definitely change as I'm going to reveal deep secrets...seriously. I will preface this post  by saying that I'm one of a few people that doesn't have many memories of my childhood. Also, I will not name any names and I am not looking for and I do not want any pity. My only goal in this is that if someone reads it and has gone through something similar, maybe they'll reach out to me and maybe I can offer them some comfort even if it's just to know they're not alone!

If you know me at all, you most likely either think of me as a straight-laced Christian, a crazy party girl, or some mix of the two. As I believe I've said before, I was born into a house with an older brother and 3 older cousins living there. My mom had taken in my 3 cousins that were siblings so they wouldn't be separated.

My mom was raised in a house that has been described as verbally and emotionally abusive at times, and put herself in church at a young age to escape. She taught herself to play the piano and organ and if you ever heard her play either, she could make you cry with her talent. I believe I got my determination and stubbornness from her!

My dad was raised in a house where his dad was a pastor, but as we all know, that doesn't mean it was a happy home. I sincerely don't know much about his childhood.

My parents both did their best to raise my brother and I in a Christian home and had us in church as soon as the doors were open after we were born. We were poor as neither of my parents had gone to college and got jobs wherever they could. I remember times when my mom would work multiple jobs at a time. I had childhood friends and played on the church's tee-ball team. I guess saying I played is sort of humorous as I don't think sitting in the outfield picking daisies qualifies as playing. When I was in elementary school, my parents went to college and graduated with degrees in education.

This is where my memory is hazy, and I think it's a self-preservation mechanism, but the best of my memories at that. This is also where, if you're the sensitive or judgemental type, you should stop reading if you haven't already. During middle to late elementary school, I started being exposed to sex. This was not by choice and I don't totally recall all of the events, but it happened. I don't think those involved realized how wrong what was going on was as we were all young. When I was about to go into 5th grade, my parents graduated and we ended up moving from my hometown to a place my dad got his first teaching job. These strange, bad memories would be totally forgotten for years to come.

If you've made it this far, you can stay tuned for part 2 sometime before the end of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"