AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!



If any of you watch The Mentalist, then you'll get where the title came from. In last week's episode, he told the nurses to scream and it would make them feel better! I think if I could have found a place where no one would have been disturbed, I would have tried it quite a few times lately! I have to say that the past few months have truly been hard for me. Starting in December, my mom ended up in a North Carolina hospital and almost died. In January, we found that her bladder cancer had returned and she had a basically nonfunctioning bladder and it had to be removed. This is scary enough in itself, but as I've mentioned, my mom has a wealth of health problems that added even more concern. With her lung problems, the concern for not being able to get off the ventilator after surgery, etc. Not long after this appointment, she ended up in the hospital here in Jacksonville very sick again, but not as close to death's door as before. Finally the day for her surgery arrives and we get through it. There have been a couple of stumbling blocks, but she's done amazing! In the midst of all of this, Anabeth's home daycare closed in December and we had a week to find her a new school. Talk about stress!!! In Jacksonville, there aren't very many places that are affordable that you'd want to send your child. God led us to the right place and we've been very happy. Through all of this too, I've stayed with my mom in the hospital and at her house to help take care of her, so I haven't seen a whole lot of my husband or my child. Last night, things sort of came crashing down for me. Nothing bad happened, but my emotions finally caught up to me since I've actually had a couple days to rest. I was having nightly nightmares and I just broke down. Matt was right there to hold me and make me feel better! Neither one of us are perfect, but I think we make a good team! Aside from the lack of sleep, I feel like a weight has been lifted! I still have some frustration, but at least I'm getting past these things a little at a time. With Matt having to travel next week, I was even more upset! My uncle suggested that we have someone watch Abs and have a date night. We both agreed and she's going to spend the evening with ganny and KK and we're going to relax with dinner at home alone and then I'm going to see about an adventure. I've really been wanting to take our "new" camera out...we've had it a while...and just have fun and explore, so hopefully we'll be able to do that tonight. I'm just so excited to have some time just for the two of us and I don't have to worry about anything else because my mom is doing great and Anabeth will be in great hands! Please pray for us next week as it's the first time I'll have to be alone with Anabeth and all of our creatures. Hope you all have an amazing weekend...I'm planning to : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"