"7 x 70"

I have to start by saying that my life has honestly been a good life and I've been happy most of it. I have struggled, however, with anger off and on. Yes, I have a temper, but this is not what I'm talking about. I mean being angry at a person for doing something to me or someone I love. As I said in my first post, I was born and raised in a Christian home. Even with my upbringing, I haven't always dealt with things in a healthy manner and I went through a phase of not going to church unless I was at home and didn't want to go to church. I have been "back on track" for a few years now and it's been great! I'm still struggling though and so I've been praying about how to handle my feelings. I'm starting to think that God has been sending me a message because almost daily I hear this song "7 x 70" by Chris August. It's a great song that anyone with problems could probably get comfort in. The chorus says this, "Seven times seventy times I'll do what it takes to make it right. I thought the pain was here to stay but forgiveness made a way. Seven times seventy times there's healing in the air tonight. I'm reaching up to pull it down, gonna wrap it all around." Everytime I hear this song, I also think about my wonderful pastor and his sermons on forgiveness. Forgiveness is hard for most people I believe, but even more so when the person hasn't apologized for what they've done! I've learned that forgiveness isn't about someone saying they're sorry. We're suppose to forgive regardless of the other person. Through the past few years I have truly been working on forgiving and moving on from my past, but now I'm faced with a new challenge of forgiving someone when it's not in the past. This is a situation where the person continues to do things that are hurting others and it seems no matter what anyone says, they don't care about changing. I keep hearing this song on the radio and I even wrote down the lyrics so I can keep looking at them. I am reminding myself almost constantly that I have done some pretty terrible things in my life and that I have to look at this through eyes that aren't mine. In the book "The Power of a Praying Wife", it talks about looking at your husband through God's eyes and not yours. Well, I believe this applies to everyone and not just your spouse. If you step back and look at it from a different view, you can realize that even though you're hurting and someone has done wrong to you, God loves them. If you have a child, think of the unconditional love you have for them. Yes, they hurt you and do things they shouldn't, but you always forgive them and love them without them saying they're sorry. This is how we need to treat others. I have to say that I'm not there yet, but I'm definitely working on it everyday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"