"Oh Cap"

As the title suggests, Anabeth has picked up her version of "Oh Crap" from me. I decided since the past few months have been pretty rough, I wanted to focus on the good things that have happened and in turn, hopefully start to move on from the bad. In December, mom ended up in the hospital in Charlotte, NC and that was crazy hard for me to be so far away. She didn't think she was that sick, but in fact had almost died and had sepsis. The awesome thing that came from that was her sisters coming together and having some much needed time to catch up and get to see each other. Later, we discover her bladder cancer returned and a lot of other things were going on, so she ended up back in the hospital with another infection and finally a couple of weeks ago, surgery to fix all of this. Through this time though, my girl Anabeth has been keeping me in check. She's learning so much so fast, it's hard to keep up! She only turned 2 in December and she speaks in complete sentences of 5 and 6 words that are understandable and make sense together! She amazes me daily and I thank God for her and my family daily! Also, I have to say that I'm sure I'm not alone in not always being as grateful as I should be and especially for my husband, but I have to say he's been a rock for me! He has truly stepped up and been there exactly when I needed him and not complained about any of it! Again, my family has been able to come together with visits before, during, and after surgery and I've gotten to know some of my aunts and spend time with them as an adult and it's truly been a nice time! Anabeth has kept us laughing! She's got an awesome personality and the innocence of a child that brings you back to Earth when things seem so crazy! She loves to run circles in my mom's house around her kitchen island/counter and has really enjoyed my aunt's little dog being around to chase and play with. The dog may well be the smallest animal she's ever played with because our cat is significantly bigger than she is : ) She's learned to use the spray bottle on the dogs...and anything else. She loves to tell the dogs to sit, stay, lay down, whatever! She absolutely loves going outside at Mimi's house and taking her baby. For some reason her baby always has to go "Night Night" on my mom's concrete patio face down covered from head to toe with a "blanket" or burp cloth. She'll put the baby in the doll stroller and push her up and down my mom's hilly back yard and she'll let the baby "slide" down her slide. She basically just drops her and she falls where she may. Anabeth gave Starbella...my aunt's dog...a trip down the slide while she was here. She quickly jumped at my aunt's leg to be picked up! To end my positive post, Saturday was truly an awesome day! I spent the majority of the day with my mom and my aunts and Anabeth. We got some awesome pictures and videos that we'll treasure for years to come. I'll post one of the pictures after this post. My aunts and mom were "hanging" and taught Anabeth to "hang". Yesterday Anabeth got to spend the day with ganny and KK. I know they all had fun and it gave me a chance to be at the hospital with my mom since she had to go to the ER for an infection and dehydration. God has been so good to my family and I just need reflections like this sometimes to remind myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"