Vertically Challenged

Hello all. For those of you that know me, you know that height isn't my better quality. Instead of thinking of myself as short though, I heard someone once say "vertically challenged". If you are like me, you can sympathize with my hatred for buying clothes other than shirts. Recently, I was ordering pants online thinking that I would finally be able to find a pair that I wouldn't need altered. I was wrong. I was at a certain online store...had to stay within a certain budget while getting the type of pants I wanted...and they sell extra short, regular, and extra long. Sweet, I'm thinking I've finally found a place to buy pants. I order my size and didn't exactly pay attention to the inseam other than it said extra short. I got this pair of pants in the mail earlier this week and can I say that I'm not a midget?!? These "extra short" pants are still crazy long! I even double checked the tag to make sure they hadn't sent the wrong size/length by mistake. I went back to the website to see if it had the inseam measurements. Get ready because I was shocked. "Extra short" is 29 1/2 inch inseam. I don't know about you, but this is suppose to fit 5'4 and under and I don't know anyone that height that could wear pants that long. I mean, I can tell you my best friend is super tall and her capri pants normally fit me as regular pants, but I should be able to find pants and not pay more money to have them altered!!! Unfortunately, I believe my child is going to suffer the same fate as I. She comes from a line of vertically challenged people on both sides of her parents. Just an example for my poor girl...she's 2 and 3 months and can still wear some 18 month clothes. Petite is another word used for it and I have to say that petite is pretty darn cute on my girl and it is nice to not have to be like most parents buying new clothes all the time...she stays in a size forever! Hopefully you can find the humor in my life as I do. I have to laugh because I truly wonder where designers come up with their sizes!!! I am starting to think there's really something to the men's sizing system! In closing, I will make a plea to any fellow "petite" friend. If you know of a place to get nice, but cheap pants that are dressy casual, please pass along the info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"