A year without her...

As I'm closing in on a year without my mom, it's been a crazy year! It's been great in many respects, but stressful and tough in almost as many! I can honestly say I've breathed easier knowing my mom is no longer suffering after watching her suffer for SO many years. I also have a peace knowing she's been spending the past year with her children she lost from miscarriages as well as other family and friends that had gone on before her. I've thrown myself into raising money and awareness for the disease that sucked the life out of her...Scleroderma, but if you're on my facebook page to read this...you already know that :-) It's been amazing watching Anabeth grow into an even more beautiful, smart, and compassionate young lady. She still has her moments, as any of us do, but she's an amazing little girl! We're coming to the end of her first soccer season and it's been interesting and fun to watch her learn to play a team sport. When she decided to actually play, she's become a brilliant little soccer star! It's been sweet to watch my brother take a more active role in Anabeth's life and see how close they've become. I've also enjoyed our weekly lunches even when we don't have much to say. I am closer to career advancement than I have ever been before and I have started to finally feel like an adult. Part of that has been that I've been forced to completely grow up and it's not all bad. ;-) The tough parts of the past year have mostly been not having my mom around for all of Anabeth's new adventures and also the old traditions we had already formed with the 3 or 4 of us. It's been hard watching Anabeth cry when she misses her Mimi, but I'm still forever grateful for the relationship they were able to have! It was stressful when Anabeth had to have her surgery, but in her usual fashion, she pulled through like a champ and was back to normal in no time! I can sincerely say that as much as I love my mom and miss her daily, the saddest part for me is that there are so many people that never got to know her and that's tragic! I definitely see her personality living on in Anabeth and I pray that she grows up to be the Godly woman her Mimi was! I appreciate all of you that have supported me with phone calls, cards, baskets, and helping me raise money and awareness for the terrible disease she had! I definitely inherited my mom's overachieving, "chop-chop" ways and I know that she is proudly watching all of this unfold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"