Who could have imagined?!?


I decided to do some reflection on my life.  It's so easy to throw myself a pity party and say that things are so bad, but in reality, I don't know what I'd do if my life were much better.  The thing is, there will always be something to complain about and room for improvement, but a lot of the time, I need improvement and just want to blame others!  On to the positive...
  
   In August 8 years ago, I moved to Richmond, VA and started my first job out of college.  It was a little scary moving somewhere and not having family around because I grew up very close to all of my family and had never been more than 2 hours away from my mom.  I was always adventurous though and was ready to start a new chapter.  Within the first few weeks of starting my new job I met a guy named "Andrew Stevens".  I'm really not sure how someone confuses Matt Andrews with Andrew Stevens, but nonetheless, that's how I was introduced to him.  In my job, we had to wear suits and Andrew Stevens was quite nice to look at, especially in a suit!  Well, a couple weeks later, he had to start working in New York and I honestly didn't think I'd ever see him again.  I traveled working in Baltimore, MD and actually worked with him again for a few weeks...he doesn't remember this though!  I also traveled to Prince George and crazy enough had a lady there tell me I was going to marry this guy.  I, of course, told her she was crazy because we'd likely never even see each other again.  I decided I wanted to stop traveling and took a permanent position at MCV hospital in Richmond and low and behold Andrew Stevens shows up.  It's been about a year now since I started working here and we begin eating lunch together.  He talks about playing tennis together since we were both tennis players, but never actually comes over to play.  One day he asks me to go to dinner and I honestly believed it was meant for someone else and a mistake because he'd avoided me for so long!  We went to dinner a couple times and I had decided to quit my job and move to Florida to be closer to my mom.  He was still avoiding going to watch a movie or anything beyond dinner, so one night I decided I had nothing to lose and after getting in my car went to find him in the parking lot and made him come over to watch a movie!  A few nights after that, he had to come to my rescue when I ran out of gas taking a friend to school and I didn't have anyone else's number to call!  He informs me that he'd never visit and especially never move to Florida, so I get a little disappointed and wonder what we've been doing since he's known of my plans to move.  I move and within a week, he's asking if he can visit and within 6 months, we're engaged!  We got married 5 years and 5 months ago tomorrow and though we've had our trials, I wouldn't trade our lives!

   In April 3 years ago, we found out I was pregnant...the same day of Matt's 30th birthday party.  He immediately said it was going to be a girl because he didn't know what to do with a girl...a few months later we discover he was right.  It's hard to believe that our little girl is going to be 3 in just a few months!  It doesn't seem that long ago she was born after 3 weeks of contractions and 11 hours of active labor all to have a c-section.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I saw her first smile, heard her first laugh, heard her first words, or saw her first steps!  It's all going by too fast, but I'm trying to enjoy every second of it and not complain that it's tough to work a full-time job and then go home to an almost 3 year old, independent, opinionated child, 2 dogs, and a cat.  I'm trying to enjoy the time we have together and I truly LOVE seeing the excitement on her face when she knows daddy is home!  The bond they have developed has made his having to travel worth every second and has given her a chance to get special time with Ganny, Mimi, and mommy!  I never imagined a little over 8 years ago my life would be what it is today!  I could have never imagined loving life or my family so much and I never thought I'd have such a beautiful, brilliant child!  God truly has blessed me more than I ever could have asked for and for that, I certainly can't complain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"