C'mon people!

Ok, so I have to get something off my chest.  I grew up in a relatively poor family…though I never knew I was poor.  I remember my parents working and going to school and my mom sometimes worked more than one job.  Nothing we ever had was given to us.  I grew up and went to college, got a job, and moved out on my own...nothing was ever handed to me and I’ve had to work for everything I have.  I am certainly not saying I’ve never needed financial help because I have, but I’ve always tried as hard as I can to do things on my own and not have to ask for help.  If I’ve ever had to get help, I’ve tried to pay it back in one way or another.  Since I’ve been married, Matt and I both work for what we have and haven’t been given anything.  We’ve had some help from our parents from time to time at the beginning when there have been some situations beyond our control, but we’ve always worked and made sure we could do what we needed for ourselves.  Neither of us would ever think to go ask our parents or anyone else for money because we didn’t want to work or because we wanted something we couldn’t afford.  We’d either save up for it or not have it.  Why are there so many people that just want everything handed to them?!?  I can’t imagine this mindset.  Maybe because I was raised better, but why would anyone think they deserve something for free?!?  Surprisingly, I don’t even just mean teenagers or young people…I know of full-grown adults that still want and some even expect a hand out.  It makes me angry to think of someone so lazy they’d rather lay around and do absolutely nothing and take other people’s hard-earned money than do something for themselves.  It also angers me to see and hear of people that are trying to make trouble for others.  We’re not in high school anymore, so why don’t you decide to grow up, leave people alone, and take care of yourself?!?  Stop spreading rumors that you either know are complete lies or you have no idea what you’re even talking about and just mind your own business.  These people are going to find themselves very lonely or are already very lonely because no one wants to be around trouble makers and especially not trouble makers that just want hand outs.  These kind of people are exactly what is wrong with our country today and I know way more than my fair share!!!  Sorry for the venting session, but had to be done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"