Kids These Days

So, I have to start off with a couple things.  First, I don't feel old enough to be writing a blog about kids because frankly I still often feel much younger than I am...not that I'm old.  Also, I am not proclaiming to have been an angel.  I felt compelled after an event yesterday to get this off my chest.  Anabeth and I are minding our own business driving home and we get into our neighborhood when I see 2 teenage girls riding their bikes.  One of them gets over to the side so I can get by, but the other one stays in the middle of the road.  I beeped my horn at her and she just turned around and laughed at me and very slowly got over so I could pass.  I pull into my driveway and walk to get my mail when they're riding by my house.  The girl starts screaming at me and laughing so I proceeded to tell her that I was glad she found it so funny that she was stupid and wanted to get herself killed.  Likely, she didn't hear what I said over her own screaming, but I said it anyway.  This was just the straw that broke the camals back though.  I have been upset by many kids/teenagers even when I was one of them with the way they are so disrespectful and the way some of them dress.  I have a major problem with girls wearing hardly anything...for many reasons!  With the way it's publicized that there are people stealing children young and teenagers, you're going to give them one more reason to take your child?!?  Also, ladies need to dress appropriately for how they'd want their daughter to dress.  Please don't come in public with a sports bra on and short shorts with teenage girl in tow and wonder why she turns out wrong.  I was also recently upset by how people from my own family are.  If you're offended by this, I'm not really sorry because it's just the truth as I see it.  My great aunt passed away last week and I traveled to North Carolina for her funeral.  A cousin of mine wasn't exactly dressed appropriately, but her son was even worse.  He's wearing jeans hanging off of his butt and an old sweater.  I realize I grew up before most parents were trying to be friends instead of parents, but still.  I have to also say that I'm a little tired of seeing all of these teenagers or even younger acting like their life is so bad.  Please know that I realize some of them truly have valid problems, but for the most part your life isn't anywhere near bad.  When you can have an iPhone and body piercings before you're even in high school and your worst concern is a boy or girl, your life is not bad.  Granted, I believe that a lot of parents get their kids these things because they either are trying to keep up with friends or they just want to not have to deal with them, but please stop having children if you don't want to be a parent.  As much as I love my child, right now, I have to be responsible for what she grows up to be.  There will be a day when she has to make decisions for herself and I only pray I give her what she needs in between to make the right decisions.  I also pray that one day we have a relationship like I have with my mom.  If any young person is actually reading this, PLEASE stop being so disrespectful not only to those older than you, but to each other.  If you're one of the few that doesn't fit into this, THANK YOU and thank whoever has raised you to be a good person.  Being a parent is the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm not very far into it, so I know it's only going to get harder, but that's what God calls us to do when we have children...not to be their friends.  I am just truly sad when I think of how difficult it is for a young person to be a respectful person because of their peers and their parents!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"