Daily Struggle

I have had some very rough times in life, but I have always tried to focus on the positive and learn from the negative. I don't like to hear people complaining about things that are either blessings or are things they can change. With all of that being said, I just wanted to lay out some of my daily struggles as a full-time working mom and wife.

I struggle wondering...     
                             
Do I love my husband enough, but then I keep in mind I choose to love him every day and love him more than the day before!

Do I love my child enough, but then I keep in mind that no one, other than God, loves her more!

 Do I give my best at work, but then I realize that almost every day I do and on the days I don't, I can't beat myself up because everyone has off days!

Am I a good enough Christian, but then I realize I'm not and never will be, but as long as I daily strive to improve, that's all God wants of me!

Am I a good enough friend, but then I realize that I give my friends 100% of me whenever they need me and I make every effort to be there for anyone that needs me!

Why do stay-at-home moms complain about everything they have to do when I have to do the same stuff PLUS work 40 hours a week, but then I realize that I don't really want to be a stay-at-home mom and I hope one day those people will realize what a blessing they have to be able to do that!

Lastly, my daily struggle is thinking I should be over my mom dying by now, but then I realize that I will never totally be over it and it's a day by day struggle sometimes living without her!

I'm so grateful for my child and my husband who are with me daily "in the trenches" of life and help me through the hard times! I'm also grateful to my other friends and family that are there for me when I need them and I just pray they allow me to be there for them when they need me. I have always had a very hard time crying in public...or at all for that matter, but I have finally realized that it is ok and it's not good to keep things bottled up for too long. I have been blessed with some amazing long-term friends as well as ones that have come and gone through seasons of my life. I'm also blessed to go to a church where the pastor has been a part of my life since before I was married and has seen my family through the best and worst of times. Life is about celebrating the good times and having family and friends get you through the hard times, but most of all, life is a blessing and I hope I never take it for granted!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"