Hope in this crazy world

Life is tough. It doesn't seem to get easier as time goes on...only harder. Thankfully I'm learning to look for the bright spots whether it's a minute of a day or an entire day that I can keep with me to make me smile when I don't want to. This year has been the toughest so far and mostly for the obvious reason of not having my mom anymore. It's still so surreal to me that she's not here, but I have a great peace knowing not only that she's not suffering, but having the faith and hope that she's now with Jesus. I know not all of my friends share my beliefs and I would never want to push my beliefs on anyone else, but for me, without this hope, I don't know how I'd get through a lot of days!
From the words of "Forgive Me" by Group1Crew...
"You couldn't pay me to abandon the idea of true hope; That I could make it through this life into a place where there's no crying; I'm dying to find You with open arms when I go; Knowing You love me and You're waiting to give rest to my soul. Lord though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I'm not scared cause You're holding my breath; I only fear that I don't have enough time left; to tell the world that there's no time left"
I just want to say that if you've ever had a day where you have felt hopeless and/or lost and/or like giving up, I hope you have something to bring you peace. If you don't and you've never tried it, pray. Pick up a Bible and see if there's anything in there to give you hope because there have been a lot of days for me, especially in the past six months that without prayer and faith in God, I don't know how I would have survived. God doesn't make things perfect and He never will promise you no pain. He makes the pain bearable and gives you the right people, songs, words, and anything else you need to help you deal with the pain. I'm facing my first Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas, and Anabeth's birthday without my mom and the pain sometimes feels suffocating! I can't lie and say it'll ever be easy, but I can say that without God and those He's brought in my life, it would be impossible! I'm not a doomsday kind of person, but whether you believe in God or not, we all know life is short. Make the best of each day and know that when you feel alone, you're not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"