3 years...



So, it's been quite a while since I've done a blog entry, but felt compelled with Anabeth's 3rd birthday to reflect. It's so hard to believe that she's 3 now and come from the top picture to the bottom picture! Even harder to believe is how much I love that little girl! She has sincerely taken me through more emotions than I ever knew possible and taken my heart out of my body! So, at this time 3 years ago, Matt and I had only been parents for 12 and 1/2 hours. It was still quite a surreal thing for me to be a mom and I was still very unsure of what to do. I have to say that the unsure part doesn't seem to ever go away, but I am more confident in my parenting ability today than 3 years ago! I must be doing something right to have such a beautiful, sweet, and smart girl. Granted she can give Matt and I a hard time, but she is a great kid overall and most people have still never seen her bad side. So her birthday went a little like this...

She went to school as normal with daddy taking cupcakes for her and her friends to enjoy. Mommy and Mimi picked her up after nap time to take her for her 3 year check-up, which went great. She's only in the 7th percentile for height, but not really shocked by that. The doctor was very impressed with her vocabulary and ability to tell coherent stories! After the doctor visit, we went to pick up her birthday cake and then went home so I could get ready for her family party. Nana and Papa came over to follow us to the restaurant where we waited for everyone and she ran mommy out of energy running up and down the side walk together for about 30 minutes, but there's not much a mommy won't do to see her child laughing and having fun! Her Nana and Papa and Uncle Chip were there and soon Uncle David and Aunt Melissa showed up followed by daddy, Grandma and Grandad, then Mimi, and finally Randy, Liz, and Shelby. It was a great dinner and nice to spend time together since we don't get to see most of them often. After dinner, we went to Mimi's house for cake and presents. She was really tired, but not admitting it, so gift opening took a while and she got some help. All in all, I believe she had a very good 3rd birthday and is probably extra tired today from all the playing and excitement. I hope this year goes slower than the last 3 because they have just flown by and it's getting harder and harder to remember what she was like as a baby without looking at pictures and videos. Matt and I love our little girl more than ever and I pray she keeps growing up stronger and smarter each day. I love having a princess that likes to play rough in her tutu : ) Maybe I can eventually talk Matt into a sibling for Anabeth, but for now, we're loving life as a family of 3 and her best birthday present by far...having daddy home for good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church

"Swim"