"Swim"

It amazes me how silly things my child does can really make me think about things. My mom planted a flower bed last week and put a fountain in it. The fountain has a large "basin" where the water collects. After church Sunday, we went to Mimi's house and she gave Anabeth a cabbage patch baby. After we ate lunch, some of the family went outside to help put up a shade. Anabeth decided to go with them and take her new baby. I saw Anabeth playing in the water...Mimi has a large beach ball type thing that connects to the hose and water comes out in multiple places...so when they asked if I'd seen my child, I said yes assuming that's what they were talking about. No, my child decided to take her baby by the feet, drop her into the "basin" of Mimi's fountain and tell her to swim. She proceeds to keep dunking her head first into the water over and over. This got me thinking about life. Since December, my life has been more of a roller coaster than normal and in the past few weeks with Matt traveling, it's been a little tough. I have to say that it truly is difficult to work 40 hours a week, take care of Anabeth, take care of 2 large dogs, and have a clean house. I'm very grateful for people that have been so wonderful to help me! First, my mom who has fed us almost every night Matt's not been home and then Darlene and Jim...AKA Ganny and Papa...who have had Tuesday dates with Anabeth so I can get my allergy shots and get some things done around the house. I do feel like I'm in a swim-a-thon at times though. I'm very grateful that Matt has a job, so please don't think I'm upset about that, but it is hard to balance a full-time job with all of the other responsibilities! However, I'm going to start thinking of it as a nice, leisurely swim. I can't let life overwhelm me and I have to take a lot of things in stride. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, daughter, pets, and a beautiful home, so I'm going to trust that He's going to continue to be my raft when I get tired of swimming. I'm going to trust Him to help me prioritize things and not try to do everything at once or in one night! It's tough, but I have come to realize that the world has yet to come to an end if my house isn't as clean as I want or if my child doesn't get a bath every night. Sometimes my rest and sanity are just more important because if I let myself get too overworked, I'm not going to be as good of a wife, mother, daughter, or friend. So, I'm going to keep diving in head first, but make sure I come up for air and float around for a break when I need one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angry Mom

The Evangelical Church